Finding a real estate agent is easy. Finding the right real estate agent can be a little more difficult. With the internet, you can google your day away researching a real estate agent from Zillow reviews to your well-intentioned cheer group on Facebook.
Once we have connected, we’ll want to set up a meeting to go over your wants and needs and start the process so that you’re aware of your tasks and also what we need to get started. Committing to a real estate professional means we commit to each other. Once we start working together, we bring tangible value. There’s more to purchasing a home than to go look at houses. An experienced real estate agent will be able to assist you with some or all of the following:
- Finding a loan officer (if you don’t already have one);
- Educate you on the process of getting pre-approved before we go look at houses (there’s a very good reason why we do this);
- Discuss with you your wants and needs of a property, including area, size, school district, taxes, HOA’s and more;
- Get to work on finding you a property. Once we commit to each other, we will pull out all the stops in finding the right home for you, including reaching out to our network of other professionals, the MLS (of course) and other ways we work to find the perfect home for you. We may reach out to sellers that we know might be thinking of selling who may not be on the market yet. We work hard for you and strive to be specialists in the areas we work.
- Preparing the offer on the house you choose so your offer gets chosen. Sometimes there are multiple offers on properties. We want to make sure we do everything we can to get your offer accepted. Having an agent who truly understands real estate contracts and the nuances of dates in the contracts is invaluable for a buyer. Having an agent who has the skills of a contract ninja is important for you and making sure your bases are covered.
- We guide you through the escrow process, ensuring you have received all the disclosures timely, and assist you in scheduling inspections of the home including attending the home inspection or other inspections with you. At this point, it is extremely important to have your real estate professional make sure that everyone is getting their jobs done, from the escrow officer, to title, to the listing agent and/or sellers and your loan officer too. At this point, we are coordinating with everyone in the transaction to get your transaction completed. I tell my clients that at this point I am kicking everyone around to get the job done.
- All the loose ends. Assuming that your transaction is now closing (close of escrow), and the deed has been recorded, this is when we get to give you your keys to your new home. This is definitely my favorite part. Officially the transaction is over, but our role in your life will hopefully continue on for many, many years as we make friends with our clients.
If you need a real estate agent who works with you, for you and gets the job done, call a real estate professional at the Kristi Roberts Group. Call Kristi direct at 951-252-7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help.